Re: sources

>I do see remote editing as usefull.  My problem is that your suggested
>implementation.  I don't remember whether you suggested using an
>external ftp program, implementing the protocol or whatnot.  My
>preference is to look into using gnome-vfs.  In theory, it abstracts away
>ftp, smb, etc. so that everything appears as a regular file.  It
>handles the file transfer rather than coding our own for xwpe.
>I haven't looked at gnome-vfs so I don't actually know what it can
>and can't do but if possible I'd rather improve a library for all
>apps than something xwpe specific.

I fully agree with this. Good point.

>As for remote execution of commands, well I am against that for the
>most part.  That doesn't mean I won't accept it but it will take a
>convincing implementation and/or cries from users.

Is this a security thing? As soon as xwpe is more stable and as soon as
some silly habits are improved I'll have a go at this 'luxury' feature on
my wish-list. You'll see how usefull it'll be...

Regards,

Arjan van Dijk
Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research Utrecht
Faculty of Physics and Astronomy
Utrecht University
Princetonplein 5
NL - 3584 CC  Utrecht