Re: status of xwpe-alpha

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 12:41:01AM -0400, Kenneth W. Flynn wrote:
> >If rewriting, it will be better to do in C, it can be extended into C++
>
> Actually, that is not true.  A program written in "true" C++, that is
> object-oriented, is what I was thinking of.  Unless you go the X-style
> route and write your own form of objects...  Programs written in C may
> compile under C++, but that does not make them C++ programs, since they
> don't take advantage of all that C++ has to offer (STL, etc.).

I meant that it will be easier rewrite C into C, and such C++ adventages
will be better usefull and will be easy added to well documented C source.
Trying to rewrite current xwpe in C++ equals to rewriting it all from
scratch which i want to avoid. I program in both C and C++ and i have
nothing against 'final' xwpe written in C++, but for rewriting itself
i would rather use pure C, to ensure that i know what exactly is each
instruction doing.

Jan Dvorak <johnydog@go.cz>