Re: status of xwpe-alpha

> what is current development status of xwpe-alpha?

Development of xwpe is very slow going.  A new version will be made
avaliable in the next day or so.  I've been looking into CVS and may
be making an anonymous server available.  (I'm not pleased with the
security options or I probably would have implemented it this weekend.)
And yes the xwpe source is an excellent example of a BBoM (Big Ball of
Mud).

The basic problem is I'm not interested in writing an IDE.  If I were
to start writing one it probably wouldn't reach parity with the
current xwpe.  So instead I do small tweaks every once in a while
and slowly improve xwpe.

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com