Re: question about syntax_def

> Note: I'm not trying to deal with the line numbers, just the REM
> statements. According to the man page, it seems like they should be able
> to work just like "//" does.

I haven't had time to look at either what you've done or xwpe but I'll
give you my guess.  You hit one of the "assumptions" of xwpe.  I'm
betting xwpe is assuming the "until end of line" comment must begin
with a non alphanumeric character.  I believe this was done to make it
easy to support the following C++ example:
  printf("%d\n",  i//whatever
   );

(The more I think about it the easier I think it would be to fix.)

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com