Improved help files. Re: Feature suggestion

I have been wanting such a document for a long time. I my work I suffer from
knowing and using to many languages and find I often need to lookup the most
basic of syntax format. I find the xwpe's method of help to be very poor.
Case in point the mkdir command. When you use help topic search to lookup
mkdir help you get mkdir 1 for the command line, but if you are writing C you
wanted mkdir 2 for C.

I started to gather C & C++ function documentation in html format and would
like to gather more documentation in html on syntax and even other languages,
starting with the ones I use the most.

I recommend that a new help format be implemented. One that uses simple html
formated pages. xwpe would need to be modified so that an html browser is
called like kfmclient, netscape or other GUI or lynx for the non GUI wpe.

I would also like to see the configuration file for syntax have a new option
that says for each syntax the location of the documentation files.

If you are interested in seeing the no so impressive start I have made on
collecting C documentation
http://www.SiliconTao.com/ProgrammingGuide/index.html

Also if anyone is interested in collaborating to create a GNU GPL'd
documentation of html files I am very interested.

--
Roy Souther <roy@silicontao.com>

01100010 10101110 11000110 11010110 00000100 10110010 10010110 11000110
01001110 11110110 11001110 00010110 10010110 00101110 10000100 10000100