Re: FAQ Update

> how hard would it be to get xwpe to recognize a filetype by another means
> besides .ext ?

I have a patch lying around that someone made a while ago to use regular
expressions.  I didn't particular care for it so I haven't integrated it.
In particular I hoped it would solve the multiple extension for a single
syntax.  Unfotunately the regular expression to do the equivelent of the
all various C++ extensions is messy.  Might be reasonable to combine the
current multiple extensions and regular expressions.

> recognition by the "file" command.
(Thought of that but I have enough trouble with changes in ncurses and
gdb.)

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com