compiler options

Is there a way to tell xwpe not to assume all compilers use "<compiler>
-c input -o ouput"
I just got qb2c working and the "compiler" is a script named bcc that
runs qb2c and then gcc.
bcc wants just "bcc input"

if it's not doable via config file, then I guess I can just add getopts
into the bcc script, but then I can't really submit qbasic support to
xwpe since it won't work with the standard qb2c. I suppose I could just
pack up an 'xwbcc' script along with a syntax_bas.txt and a
wperc_bas.txt and it wouldn't be greatly more fuss than the current
method of downloading those syntax_<language>.txt files and catting them
onto syntax_def

--
Brian~