stderr output

Hi all,

there is a long standing problem with xpwe and before digging too deep
into the source I would like to ask if someone else knows a solution for
it.

When running a programme under the debugger the output of everything
written to stderr (by the user's programme) is lost.

Since I recommend to my students a sequence of

cerr << "Please input X ";
cin >> X;

which has advantages when stdout is redirected,
they don't see the input request.

The problem is, that in we_debug.c (line 1721) gdb is started
with file decriptor 2 redirected to npipe[2].
Now the parent task would have to reflect anything read on npipe[2]
to the xterm stdout, but currently it discards it.

Thanks for any hints,
Helmut.

--
Helmut Jarausch