Replace, Deplicate, Destroy

The following message bounced because Pedro used a slightly different
address for posting.  (I wish the spam protection wasn't needed.)  I've
appended my response after it.

> From: "Mr. Peter Ivanyi" <peteri@sect.mce.hw.ac.uk>
>
> On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Dennis Payne wrote:
>
> > Well, according to the help:
> >
> >      Alt-P
> >           The last edited file will be replaced by a  new  window
> >           selected in the 'Name'-line.
> >
> > IMHO it shouldn't be at all.  I don't know why anyone would want that.
> > BTW if you enlarge the file-manager window you can see the Copy option.
> > The duplicate function seems useless as well since Copy can do all that.
>
> Shall I remove them (replace/duplicate) ???
>
> Other behaviour, I find strange.
>
> In a project, when I add a file, I would expect the File Manager to close.
> Well, it does not.
> Anybody else feels the same ? :-)
>
> 						Pedro

Replace and duplicate should be removed.  (If you don't I will, unless of
course a group starts lobbying to keep them.)

As for projects, I'm not sure.  I remember dealing with a program that
did that and found it extremely annoying when converting from a Makefile
because I kept having to go to add.  I will admit though when I have
used projects under xwpe I did expect it to go away.  (If we could
select multiple files using shift/ctrl I definately agree with it.)

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com