XWPE and KDE problems...after upgrade :(

I was running XWPE fine under KDE 1.0.  My hard drive failed so that
meant time for a fresh installed and decided to try KDE 1.1pre2 a try.
Everything is going great except for XWPE :(  I've grealy grown to like
that progie but now its having problems.

Using version 1.5-12 when it starts, some of the colors are off, all the
buttons appear in the right spot, but its definately unusable.  I tried
turning off the default color/shape properties for non-KDE program but I
still get the same thing.

Any ideas?  I'd hate having to go to another IDE.

-jon