Re: xwpe

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 01:28:35PM +0200, Guido Draheim wrote:

> Correct!! Absolutly necessary!! I'd have dropped xwpe usage if it
> hadn't the ability to run as multi-window color-editor on the console
> with the same (input-)feel as the nice-looking x11-version does. There's
> no other editor like that, but smallish ide for x11 are(!) there, and
> for console-only there's still rhide. Downgrading xwpe isn't a good
> goal. I know the code is a mess, it was me too to attempt to rewrite
> the stuff so that the codebasis would come to a style that would enable
> further extensions - respect to anyone who gives it another try.

I plan to not drop ANY current features or functions (except djgpp :)),
but many of them will be missing or not functional during rewrite. For me,
it is impossible to keep it all working while changing blocks of code, and
all xwpe developers have my respect for fact that xwpe is working, and more,
it is working good :)

Jan Dvorak <johnydog@go.cz>