Re: xwpe

Correct!! Absolutly necessary!! I'd have dropped xwpe usage if it
hadn't the ability to run as multi-window color-editor on the console
with the same (input-)feel as the nice-looking x11-version does. There's
no other editor like that, but smallish ide for x11 are(!) there, and
for console-only there's still rhide. Downgrading xwpe isn't a good
goal. I know the code is a mess, it was me too to attempt to rewrite
the stuff so that the codebasis would come to a style that would enable
further extensions - respect to anyone who gives it another try.

may the power be with you, jan,
-- Guido