Orbiten and Mud

I recently read the article on Big Ball of Mud development posted on
slashdot.
  http://www.laputan.org/mud/mud.html
From reading the article, I pretty sure xwpe meets the definition of
a Big Ball of Mud development although hopefully it will get better.

In other news Orbiten Research released a study on open source
development.  The results are highly suspect.  I did find that xwpe
was included in the study:
  http://orbiten.org/ofss/codd-render.cgi?action=project&codd=results/may2000/freshmeat-05012000/xwpe-1.5.22a.codd
Their probing source determined incorrectly that it is solely Fred
Kruse's work.  (I'm not sure whether I should be upset.  I'd rather be
know for working on Troll Bridge or some other more architectually
sound project.)

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com