Re: X buffer

(Christof, xwpe's spam protection kicked in.  Only subscribed addresses can
send messages.  So C.Hanke@qub.ac.uk can post messages but
christof@titus.phy.qub.ac.uk can't.)

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Brian K. White wrote:

> does anyone else have problems cutting & pasting between xwpe and other
> apps?
>
> I suspect my X installation, not xwpe really, although, I don't have a
> problem with other apps.
>
> symptoms:
>
> can cut & paste normally between xwpe windows within the same instance
> of xwpe,
> (using the xwpe buffer)
>
> cannot cut/paste from/into xwpe from/into other x apps using the X
> buffer.
> not by explicitly using the menu or by using the usual mouse buttons for
> copy & paste, including xwpe-1.4.2 and the last 4 versions.

Hi there !

I'm new to this mailing list and listening to it quite a while, I think
xwpe is a good tool and I'd like to see it getting better (and help you
if I can)  I'm having exactly the same problem with the cut and paste
using IRIX 6.5.. Beside that, my xwpe
has problems, if my compiler complains too much. When I have loads of
errors, the first time it's o.k., but if I try to recompile it, and there
are still errors in it, it just crashes
(Xwpe: unexpected signal 10, exiting ...)
This is reproducable, but happens only if the window of xwpe is bigger
than a certain size (circa 126 columns per line)
Moreover, my xwpe cannot handle lines longer than 123 characters
correctly. Does anyone have the same problem ?
There are some other things which do not work correctly (debugger wouldn't
start) But I save this for another mail...

Thanks and bye,

Christof

Christof Hanke                             Das Wort ist der Mantel,
Atomistic Simulation Group                          in dem der Sinn
Queen's University Belfast                 schweigend auf seine
email C.Hanke@qub.ac.uk                         Entkleidung wartet.