Linux & Net Yaroze
The Net Yaroze is a hobbyist's development kit for the Sony Playstation.
Although not officially supported Linux is perfectly suited to developing
Net Yaroze program. This is a collection of useful program to aid in
For more information of the Net Yaroze try the following sites:
- GCC, GDB, and binutils for the Net Yaroze
- Unfortunately I no longer have sufficient space to make this available for download.
Sony uses gcc and other GNU tools for DOS development. These tools can
easily be compiled under Linux, FreeBSD, and other platforms. This includes
gcc 188.8.131.52, gdb 4.16, binutils 2.8.1, and instructions on compiling.
- With slight modification this program will work at 115200 baud under
Linux. The necessary patch is already applied. Some lower speeds may work
but 9600 didn't work for me. It resembles the DOS program that comes with
the Net Yaroze but the function keys don't work the same.
- No attempt has been made on my part to get hssutils working under Linux.
I'm unsure of the copyright concerning this program so I cannot make link
available at the current time.
- TIM Plugin for GIMP
- This plugin should allow loading and saving of TIM files under GIMP.
(I haven't tried the plugin yet.)
- PCX/TIM conversion utilities
- These programs convert from PCX to TIM and back. Currently they only
support 8-bpp PCX images and 8-bpp or 4-bpp TIM images. This requires the
Identical Software's Graphics Library.
- Identical Software's Graphics Library
- Although originally intended to supply a platform independant 320 x 200
8-bpp mode, it includes routines for loading and saving of TIM and PCX
- TIM to TGA conversion
- This program converts 16-bpp TIM images to 24-bpp TGA. Although
designed for DOS protected mode it works under linux.
Net Yaroze is licensed trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Comments may be addressed to