From: "Kenneth Flynn" <flynnk@astro.umd.edu>
To: "Sergio Gallego DSP" <sgmartin@digi-sign-p.com>; <xwpe@cs.rpi.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: Problem running Xwpe

Are you running Netscape at the same time?  If so, start netscape with

netscape -install

The problem you're having is that the X colormap is being eaten up by
another program, and Xwpe cannot allocate color cells the way it
wishes.  The easiest way to fix this is to stop other programs from eating
the colormap.  Netscape is the usual culprit.  -install tells Netscape to
use a private colormap, and not eat the shared one Xwpe uses.

At some point I will add this to the poorly maintained FAQ:

http://www.astro.umd.edu/~flynnk/xwpe-faq.html

Kenn