Re: C++ Color Support

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Avi Norowitz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there's any plans for color support for C++ as there
> is for C?

There is support. What are you postfixing your C++ files with? I believe
xwpe ships with .C as the extension. I use .cc so I had to change this.
Take a look at /usr/{local,}/lib/xwpe/syntax_def. You can put a copy of
this into your ~/.xwpe directory and change it to your liking, aka adding
new keywords, changing file extentions, etc. Make sure that the number
above the keywords matches up with the number of keywords. (I hit this
when I added iostream classes to my syntax.. I had to increment that
number.
I believe also you can change the extension from the Options menu, however
I do not know if it changes the syntax_def file.
BTW you can get lots of other syntaxes from the xwpe website.. like HTML
and perl.

HTH
James

> Thanks,
> --
>      Avi Norowitz  avin@ice.tj
>          Ice Mail  http://www.ice.tj
>    "Give enough time, Microsoft will invent Unix."

|  James Curbo -- <jc108788@cyprus.hsu.edu> - <james@mousehole.sandwich.net>  |
| computer science/math undergraduate - http://mousehole.sandwich.net/~james/ |
|  Henderson State University Department of Mathematics and Computer Science  |