Debugger Problems

Is there anybody out there who could help me with two debugger problems?

1) I don't manage to make my f90 compiler jump at the right cursor line. A
typical message is

        f90: Error: array.f90, line 19: Syntax error, found ')' when
expecting one                   of: <END-OF-STATEMENT> ;
              a(i) = real(i))
        --------------------^

   How does my message string have to look like?

2) I can't use the debugger.

Dbx gives me

  Can't start program

  And in the message window:
  Source not available

Gdb gives me

   Can't find file <very long path, which is not mine but the one of
gdb>/main.c

and xwpe crashes.

When running dbx from the command line on the .e file created by xwpe it
fine and dbx finds the source file.

I could not find out what goes wrong with the path of the source file
when using the debugger.

Any help is apreciated. :-)

Thanks.

Felix